DLC is something that will never happen.
And then it happened for Mewtwo.
And somehow it's still not going to happen at all despite Mewtwo, and it shouldn't even happen at all just because some people think it will.
And then it happened again for Lucas. And Roy and Ryu. And three N64 stages. And Mii costumes, but who cares about Miis again? The point is, it's happened, and it's officially going to continue to happen until the Smash 4 team disbands.
Character DLC - Same worth as dinner Edit
Stage DLC - Nostalgia has a price now Edit
- Miiverse (stage) (Wii U only) -- free
- Suzaku Castle
- Dream Land 64
- Hyrule Castle
- Peach's Castle
- Super Mario Maker
- Duck Hunt (Stage) (3DS only) -- free
- Pirate Ship (Wii U only)
- Umbra Clock Tower
Mii Costume DLC - This shit should be 10 cents, not a dollar Edit
- Proto Man Outfit (Gunner)
- Mega Man X Outfit (Gunner)
- SSB T-Shirt (All)
- Monkey Suit (Swordfighter)
- Cat Suit (Brawler)
- Dunban Outfit (Swordfighter)
- Link Outfit (Swordfighter)
- Majora's Mask (All)
- Isabelle Outfit (Gunner)
- Heihachi Outfit (Brawler)
- Akira Outfit (Brawler)
- Jacky Outfit (Brawler)
- Zero Outfit (Swordfighter)
- MegaMan.EXE Outfit (Gunner)
- Inkling Outfit (Gunner)
- Inkling Squid Hat (All)
- K.K. Slider Outfit (Gunner)
- SSB Hoodie (All)
- Bear Outfit (Gunner)
- King K. Rool Outfit (Brawler)
- Flying Man Outfit (Brawler)
- Lloyd Irving Outfit (Swordfighter)
- Chrom Outfit (Swordfighter)
- Black Knight Outfit (Swordfighter)
- Samus Armor (Gunner) -- Also automatically unlocks Samus's Helmet if you haven't already obtained it.
- K.K. Slider Outfit (Gunner) -- Free
- Business Suit (All)
- Toad Outfit (Brawler)
- Viridi Outfit (Swordfighter)
- Monster Hunter Armor (Swordfighter)
- Rathalos Armor (Swordfighter)
- Fox Outfit (Gunner)
- Captain Falcon Outfit (Gunner) -- Automatically unlocks Captain Falcon's Helmet if you haven't already obtained it.
- Chocobo Hat (All)
- Geno Outfit (Gunner)
- Bionic Armor (Brawler)
- Takamaru Outfit (Swordfighter, Male only)
- Ashley Outfit (Swordfighter, Female only)
- Gil Outfit (Swordfighter, Male only)
- Tails (Gunner, Male only)
- Knuckles (Brawler, Male only)
Other DLC Edit
Tournament Mode was added to the game as free DLC. However, it's considered by most users to be subpar. But really, it's just For Glory with fancy stickers plastered over it.
- Those who owned both the 3DS version and the WIi U version and registered them on Club Nintendo got Mewtwo for free.
- The Mega Man series currently has the most Mii costumes (four: Proto Man, Mega Man X, Zero, MegaMan.EXE). CONFIRMED MEGA MAN BIAS!!!!11!!1one1!1 Also, even though not a single one is the actual Mega Man playable in Smash, people cite those costumes as the reason King K. Rool and the Inklings still have a chance (as well as the Skyward Sword Link costume and not, strangely enough, Samus).
- After the Ryu and Roy DLC, Sakurai has stated that the rest of the DLC is going to be "fan service." GameFAQs will totally be the judges on that, right?
- Turns out he was being literal. The winner of the ballot was fan service!
- Corrin, was also fanservice......to himself, as a massive Fire Emblem fan.
- People only seem to use the Mii Outfits for funny miiverse screenshots. But Miiverse is fucked up with it's layout now so that doesn't even matter anymore.